Phandeeyar Institute Learning DesignerOverview
Phandeeyar (“creation place”) is an innovation lab that is spearheading the use of technology to accelerate change and development in Myanmar. Phandeeyar invests in local technology startups, trains new entrepreneurs and builds the pool of tech talent. Phandeeyar also helps civic and social entrepreneurs, CSOs and independent media use technology to increase their impact and runs a co-working space out of its 10,000 square foot space located in the heart of downtown Yangon. Including Digital Rights Forum, Startup Challenge and Accelerator Program, Phandeeyar hosted 251 events total in 2017 with more than 4,000 attendees.
We are looking for Phandeeyar Institute Learning Designer to design and develop new training programs for Phandeeyar Institute by playing the role of facilitator, innovator, researcher and designer. Phandeeyar Institute’s mission is to build a skilled professional workforce for digital Myanmar. You will have an unique opportunity to work in a startup-like environment that offers a high autonomy on the job and also help bring the quality online education to people all over Myanmar to pursue the work they love.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop compelling and impactful training curriculums with engaging activities, exercises and course content that enhance the learning experiences
- Create multimedia learning materials (instructional text, audio, video, role plays, games, simulations etc)
- Work with the subject matter experts and trainers to identify the training needs of target audience and translate them into impactful training programs
- Collaborate and co-create with the learners for new online learning experiences
- Conduct research to explore and evaluate learning experiences, analyze research data, present findings and make prioritize design recommendations
- Access trainers for their facilitation and training skills and provide feedback for them to improve their training quality continuously
- Set instructional end goals of training programs of Phandeeyar Institute
- Devise modes of assessment, such as tests or quizzes or NPS, to measure effectiveness of the training courses
- Monitor and optimize the training programs with learning effectiveness data and feedback from students and trainers on their learning experience
- Document the process and maintain project work folders
Experience – You have previous work experience as a trainer or a user experience designer. You have experience of turning ideas into actual product experiences for the users or transforming user pain-points into opportunities.
Excited about pioneering Myanmar Higher Education – You love learning yourself and are interested in creating new engaging and impactful learning activities for others.
Awesome organizational skills – You are great at getting things done. You’re a self-starter who takes the initiative and can mobilize resources and solve problems. You can juggle multiple projects and you have good attention to detail.
Highly resourceful & adaptable – You are great at figuring things out. When we don’t have the answer, you’ll be good at figuring it out for yourself. You’re also highly flexible and are comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
Good communicator – You need to be fluent in Myanmar. You should also have decent English – it doesn’t need to be perfect, but you do need to be able to work in English.
Passion – Phandeeyar is trying to accelerate change and development in Myanmar. It works not just with the tech and entrepreneurship community, but with change agents such as civil society groups, social enterprises and independent media. You must be excited to also use your skills to help those working on socially driven initiatives.
- ➤ Other duties as assigned. Phandeeyar is a fast-moving organization, and duties will evolve and change over time.
- ➤ Familiarity with Google Drive software such as Google Doc (Word), Google Sheet (Excel) and Google Slides (PowerPoint)
- ➤ Ability to work proactively and under own initiative to ensure that deadlines are met or queries resolved
- ➤ Fluent in English ( Advanced Level ) and has experience in reporting
Location: This role is based in Yangon. It may involve some travel around the country.
Hours: Phandeeyar is itself a start-up. Many of its activities happen outside standard office hours (9am-5pm). You will need to work some evenings and weekends, however there is a “time off in lieu” policy.
Remuneration: Will be based on experience and qualifications and will be competitive for the sector.
To apply: Please submit your application to Phandeeyar Job Application Form explaining why you are perfect for this role and attach a CV/resume (not more than two pages long).
Note: Applicants do not need to currently be living in Myanmar. We welcome all applicants including those from the Myanmar diaspora.
For more information please visit: