Roles and Responsibilities:
Based in Yangon, the Private Sector Associate or Manager will work within a team of approximately 28 professionals and will
assist in or will lead in the following tasks within or across sectors:
Thematic Area 1: Responsible Investment Support
• Coordinate with potential investors and work with them to facilitate investment into Myanmar companies.
• Support structuring and monitoring of transactions that bring new investment.
• Engage with business advisory service providers to provide support in identifying and developing investment
strategies for local firms aligned with investors’ interests.
• Serve as the Activity’s technical resource, support and sometimes lead on agribusiness, agriculture, and aquaculture
Thematic Area 2: Trade Promotion and Facilitation
• Work with a wide range of private sector companies across a variety of sectors for their potential to increase their
sales and/or exports.
• Coordinate a wide range of support organizations (e.g., trade and growers’ association) across a variety of sectors for
their potential to contribute towards increasing their members’ sales and/or exports.
• Monitor technical assistance to target firms to improve their access to markets and build their trade competitiveness.
• Serve as the Activity’s technical resource, support and sometimes lead on agribusiness, agriculture and aquaculture
trade promotion and facilitation support.
• BA/BS in Agribusiness, Agriculture, Economics, Business or a related field or relevant experience; Advanced degree in
a related field is highly preferred.
• At least seven years of professional experience that demonstrates working knowledge of any or all of the following
technical areas: technical assistance, investment, finance and accounting, trade promotion and facilitation, corporate
governance, corporate finance, business journalism, and project management.
• Management experience highly preferred.
• Private sector experience highly preferred.
• Working knowledge of the private sector actors, particularly in agribusiness or aquaculture, in Myanmar, including
SMEs, investors, financial lenders, business advisory services, business support organizations, media, etc.
• Competent business analytical and research skills (primary and secondary research).
• Ability to work efficiently and deliver high-quality deliverables within the time allocated.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills and public speaking ability.
• Excellent personal organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
• English and Burmese fluency is required.