▪ Ensures to have an overall knowledge of the ICRC financial limits and procurement procedures and be the focal point for supplier registration
▪ Advice Purchasers and Suppliers of any mistakes or missing documents and seeks clarifications if needed
▪ Ensures that Invoices are validated in accordance with ICRC financial limits and procurement procedures
▪ Maintains a proactive relation with the finance department on follow up of payments
▪ Takes into consideration payment deadlines and expedites the process if necessary
▪ Checks the legal validity of the terms of contract/ FA, flag the department for renewal or deactivation
▪ Ensures that proper PO files with all relevant documents are updated
▪ Confirms supplier's reception of PO / Tenders and agreement on terms and conditions
▪ Ensure follow up of FAs expenditures and track prices of relevant commodities ( Fuel, rice, etc.)
▪ Provides Finance with updated information about the planned expenses by the unit
▪ Ensures that Purchasers provide all the documentation required for closing of Purchase Orders
▪ Compile closed PO files as per the Checklist and obtains necessary validations
▪ Register and Archive the files of the Purchasing Unit as per ICRC procedure
▪ Ensures that PURCH Archives are maintained, auditable and in good order
Requirements and experience
▪ University degree in a relevant discipline.
▪ At least 3 years’ work experience in a relevant field.
▪ Excellent excel skills and Microsoft package
▪ Excellent communication skills, and fluency in written and spoken English as well as Myanmar language.
▪ Previous ICRC experience is a strong asset, particularly in Logistics Department
▪ Strongly motivated by humanitarian work, and proactive attitude
▪ Effective communication, networking and listening skills
▪ People person and genuine sense of empathy
▪ Autonomous and adaptable, with ability to interact collaboratively in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team
▪ Excellent writing and summarizing skills, and good knowledge of digital tools
▪ Robust organizational and prioritization capacities
▪ Capacity to exercise discretion
▪ Capacity to work under pressure in an armed conflict affected area and remote environment
▪ Good understanding of the armed conflict dynamic affecting the Country, Myanmar and its humanitarian consequences
▪ A unique and rewarding opportunity to help the victims of violence in a fast-paced environment
▪ Initial training and on-boarding organized
▪ A 12-month contract extendable
▪ A competitive compensation package including medical coverage and transportation allowances.
▪ A training opportunity to develop and strengthen the quality of the services provided to our
beneficiaries as well as to support our staff members’ professional and personal development.