▪ Assists the Head of Sub-Delegation (HoSD) and the (FAS) Delegates in understanding all operating
or dormant arms-carrier (AC) structures.
▪ Monitors the political and security situation and specific groups/players and regularly updates
mapping of arms carriers.
▪ Contributes to developing and consolidating the ICRC's network of contacts with the different arms
carriers in Rakhine
▪ Contributes to providing advice to the sub delegation on ongoing armed confrontations and their
impact on the safety of ICRC staff and operations (if relevant).
▪ Prepares, conducts, assesses and follows up dissemination activities on international humanitarian
law (IHL) and ICRC activities.
▪ Maintains and updates the stock of different ICRC publications needed for FAS activities.
▪ Ensures adequate planning and reporting on FAS activities (planning for results, quarterly reporting,
minutes of meetings, Field Trip Reports, budget management etc.)
Requirements and experience
▪ Professional experience working in the humanitarian sector, NGOs/CSOs, security sector or alike
▪ Previous experience working in the Security Forces or Armed Forces is a strong asset
▪ Good understanding of Myanmar Armed and Security Forces structures
▪ Strong analytical and reporting skills
▪ Strong networking and representation skills
▪ University degree or professional diploma
▪ Legal Studies an asset
▪ Fluency in English and Burmese, another language an asset
▪ Computer proficiency
▪ Strongly motivated by humanitarian work, and proactive attitude
▪ Effective communication, networking and listening skills
▪ Autonomous and adaptable, with ability to interact collaboratively in a multidisciplinary and
▪ Excellent writing and summarizing skills, and good knowledge of digital tools
▪ Robust organizational and prioritization capacities
▪ Capacity to exercise discretion
▪ Capacity to work under pressure in an armed conflict affected area and remote environment
▪ Good understanding of the armed conflict dynamic affecting Rakhine State and Chin State and its
▪ A unique and rewarding opportunity to help the victims of violence in a fast-paced environment
▪ Initial training and on-boarding organized
▪ A 12-month contract extendable
▪ A competitive compensation package including medical coverage and transportation allowances
▪ A training opportunity to develop and strengthen the quality of the services provided to our
beneficiaries as well as to support our staff members’ professional and personal development