• Develop a long-term financial model and regularly monitor the financial performance of CDNH.
• Advise the Director and Executive Officer on CDNH financial effectiveness.
• Consistently analyze financial data and present reports in an accurate and timely manner;
clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress,
prepare financial outlooks and financial forecasts and make the Director, Executive Officer,
and Coordinators aware of any changes.
• Manage the annual budget process.
• Working with the Program team, assist in the preparation of program budgets and financial
reports for funders, ensuring that donor timescales are met.
• Ensure that all financial compliance practices are implemented based on donor requirements
and other relevant requirements.
• Create and maintain financial policies and procedures and other working documents as
required to ensure staff adhere to recommended practices.
• Provide training on financial policies and procedures to CDNH staff and community
organizations as required.
• Manage the Finance team, providing guidance and support over financial operations, ensuring
that financial functions are performed in an efficient and timely manner by: managing
workloads; determining priorities and developing efficient systems within the team.
• Process and check monthly payroll.
• Check cash count and ensure cash balances correspond to the actual cash amounts
• Review and evaluate opportunities for cash reductions across CDNH on an ongoing basis.
• To implement and monitor financial software system access across the Finance team.
• Keep abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
• To develop effective external relationships with donors and auditors and respond to requests
for information in a timely manner.
• Ensure that the Coordinator – Operations is kept informed of critical issues in a timely manner.
• Any other duties as deemed appropriate by the Director or Executive Officer, and