Main Tasks & Responsibilities
S/he would be responsible for:
A. Provide technical support and facilitate quality programme results
• Assist supervisor in effective and timely management of programme activities;
• Assist the Sexual and Reproductive Health and Right (SRHR) and Health, Empowerment and
Right (HER) team including the SRHR programme specialist and Programme Analyst (SRHR)
and Programme Analyst (Adolescents and Youth) to prepare documentation and briefs on
SRHR/HER thematic areas;
• Analyze, synthesize and prepare background data, information, materials, working papers and
tables for regular reports, presentations and annual reports and other needed documents
• Review the contributions agreement related to resource mobilization and monitor budget
expenditures, dashboard data of requisition, purchase orders and voucher IDs under projects and
follow up with payment process
• Create projects in GPS/ Atlas, preparation of budget revisions, revision of project award and
project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial closure of a project.
• Undertake presentation of information for audit of NEX projects
• Prioritize responses and follow up on urgent and important responses
• Liaise with the implementing partners and project counterparts as well as international and
national NGOs on project matters
• Undertake daily monitoring of the project budget and its implementation
• Prepare monthly reports on the status of project implementation and expenditures and submit
to the immediate supervisor as required
• Prepare and review IP inventory and Supplies programme reports for submission as necessary.
• Assist in supply planning and distribution of UNFPA supported commodities.
Knowledge and Experience:
5 years relevant experience in programme/project management;
Past experience in the UN is an asset;
Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
Computer literacy – Microsoft package i.e. Word, Excel, Power-point
Good writing and communication skills;
Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
Working experience in region is an asset;
Knowledge on the local context is desirable.
Fluency in oral and written English. Knowledge of local languages in Rakhine is an asset.