KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• Fluency in Myanmar and English; knowledge of at least one local language to Southeastern Myanmar considered a major asset
• University degree in development, economics, agriculture or equivalent certifications or work experience
• At least three years of related professional experience including working with private sector and smallholder farmers and landless
• Experience working in complex, politically-sensitive, and culturally-sensitive contexts
• Ability to adapt quickly, cooperatively, and constructively to changes, and to find positive, creative solutions
• Knowledge of development, peace, and conflict issues in Southeastern Myanmar, as well as other key policy issues relevant to the project
• Ability to work in multicultural teams that respect ethnic, religious and national diversity
• Excellent communication and representation skills
• Willing and able to travel (at least 50% of time) to field locations in Southeastern Myanmar. SUCCESS FACTORS
• Successful candidates should meet the education and experience requirements in the position descriptions for the vacant positions and should have a strong and demonstrated knowledge of agriculture and market development, good written and spoken English, computer skills and local languages. S/he must be self- motivated, creative, tolerant, and able to work in difficult, stressful environments and follow procedures. S/he must respect diversity and gender equality at the workplace.
• Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability and transparency to its
beneficiaries and to international standards guiding relief and development work.