• Work closely with civil society partners and support the Programme Manager to identify and
respond to capacity building needs of partners, ensuring that the programme strengthens national
civil society capacity in appropriate ways.
• Develop and maintain high quality relationships and partnerships with relevant civil society, and
• Ensure that women’s rights are central to the project design and gender issues are addressed in
programming and process as per Oxfam’s standard.
• Support Financial monitoring and management of project’s budget and work closely with Grant
Officer to monitor small grant management.
• Responsible for Oxfam’s implementation of its activities against the project plan, and effective and
timely monitoring and reporting.
• Work closely with the Economic Justice Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Coordinator to ensure
regular monitoring and evaluation of GLEASA project to a high standard
• Provide regular reporting to Oxfam Operation team as a required
• Support the Programme Manager to provide meeting minutes and reports to the donor on time and
to a high standard
• Keep up to date with regular socio-economic context and conflict analysis regarding project
thematic focus and targeted area and feed this in to the GLEASA programme team
Skill and Competence:
• University degree in related field (social and rural development, law, economics)
• 5 years’ experience of program work, including planning, monitoring activities and filed experiences
• Experience working on issues related to land, natural resources and extractives sectors in Myanmar
• Experiences of working with Myanmar NGOs, CSOs on land, gendered and extractives issues
• Capacity and enthusiasm to establish working relationships with various actors (e.g. difference
stakeholders, community members, CSOs)
• Experience in applying gender sensitivity and gender mainstreaming in programme implementation
• Experience in applying conflict sensitivity and mainstreaming in programme implementation
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to be flexible and sensitive in demanding situations.
• Organises work effectively, ability to develop and deliver on own work plans
• Adaptable and flexible
• Willingness to travel regularly to project sites.
• Cultural sensitivity and ability to work in a conflict sensitive manner
• Experience of evidence gathering (e.g. through research / documentation channels)
• Demonstrated experience of operating in a development or conflict environment and sensitively
managing complexed situation between individuals with strongly held beliefs