Support development of high quality proposals:
• Manage and oversee the development of proposal components, including log frame, theory of change and work plan, in collaboration with Technical Leads
• Draft generic sections of proposals and shape technical narratives for coherence and completion
• Consult relevant programme staff on specific programme interventions and proactively advise for development of new initiatives
• Coordinate with technical and operation teams (finance, HR, logistics, field teams) on specific information needed for proposals
• Ensure that all proposal components, including narrative, monitoring and evaluation plan, and work plan, are well-aligned and comprehensive
• Review budgets for alignment, cost-effectiveness and value for money and ensure support costs are adequate
• Ensure that gender equality markers, child safeguarding checks; Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and learning (MEAL) frameworks and other key cross cutting program elements have been taken into account for all proposals.
• Finalize and package proposals on time according to donor specifications and deadlines and Save the Children quality standards.
• Coach/ build capacity existing programme staff on proposal development.
• Carry out field visits, meetings and workshops necessary to develop and finalize proposals.
Ensure effective coordination of proposals with other departments, donors and members
• Conduct proposal kick-off meetings with key proposal team members and develop proposal development plans and follow up with proposal team members
• Support Awards with drafting of internal compliance tools
• Liaise with members during proposal development on the member role in project delivery, and, where possible, early feedback on programme design
• Liaise with partners for proposal inputs
• Liaise with in-country donors on proposal design, where appropriate
• Together with Awards, ensure all proposal and concept note submissions to donors are reviewed and approved by the relevant people and respond to their feedback Update information on relevant tracking tools for business development
Develop donor standard communication materials
• Lead in developing program and donor briefs; propositional concept notes and essential donor fact sheets.
• Develop standard capacity statements based on the strategic goals of Myanmar, Thailand and Sri Lanka;
• Develop standard SCI information that is usually required for concept notes and proposals (i.e. write up about MST structure, SCI and MST, organizational capacity etc
• Provide skilled editorial assistance: edit and proofread reports for selected high-risk awards, including making editorial recommendations.
• Finalize reports on time according to donor specifications and language and deadlines and Save the Children quality standards.
• Mentor and/capacity build existing programme staff on reporting.
Child Safeguarding Responsibility:
• Support your line manager in providing overall leadership and oversight to the implementation of the Child Safeguarding Policy self-audit action plan
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
• Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling
Save the Children values
• Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
• Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
• Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• Future orientated, thinks strategically.
• Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
• Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
• Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
• Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• Willing to take disciplined risks
• Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• At least 5 years’ substantial experience working with a humanitarian/ development organisation
• Experience in leading development of large-scale or strategic proposals, including the development of narrative proposal and project budgets greater than $1 million.
• Previous experience of project management and project cycle management, including project design, implementation and evaluation
• Coordination skills, including experience of coordinating a team of people to deliver results within a restricted timeframe
• Excellent English language skills and ability to communicate effectively using donor language and technical development language
• Good understanding of donor compliance and Save the Children reporting mechanisms and requirements
• Strong representational skills
• Ability to work calmly under pressure in a rapidly changing context
• Ability and willingness to travel regularly into the field
• Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
• Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
• Commitment to Save the Children International values.
• Bachelor degree on relevant subject or equivalent field experience