Under the direct supervision of the Protection Officer and overall supervision of the Head of Field Office, the
incumbent performs the following duties;
- Stay abreast of political, social, economic and cultural developments that have an impact on the protection
- Consistently apply International and National Law and applicable UN/UNHCR and IASC policy, standards
and codes of conduct.
- Assist in providing comments on existing and draft legislation related to PoC.
- Provide advice on protection issues to PoC; liaise with competent authorities to ensure the issuance of
personal and other relevant documentation.
- Assist in conducting eligibility and status determination for PoC.
- Contribute to measures to identify, prevent and reduce statelessness.
- Contribute to a country-level child protection plan as part of the protection strategy.
- Contribute to a country-level education plan as part of the protection strategy.
- Monitor Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all protection/solutions activities.
- Manage individual protection cases including those on SGBV and child protection. Monitor, and intervene in
cases of refoulement, expulsion and other protection incidents.
- Assist in identifying durable solutions for the largest possible number of PoC through voluntary repatriation,
local integration and where appropriate, resettlement.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and evaluation of protection related AGD based programming with
implementing and operational partners.
- Facilitate effective information management through the provision of disaggregated data on PoC and their
- Participate in initiatives to capacitate authorities, relevant institutions and NGOs to strengthen national
protection related legislation and procedures.
- Assist the supervisor in prioritizing PoC for interview, counselling and propose protection support for
- Assist the supervisor with enforcing compliance of local implementing partners with global protection
policies and standards of professional integrity in the delivery of protection services.
- Assist the supervisor with enforcing compliance with, and integrity of, all protection standard operating
- Submit individual payments request for PoC for approval.
- Perform other related duties as required.
4. Minimum Qualifications
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G6 - 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with
Bachelor or equivalent or higher