Role and responsibilities
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall
be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Professional Development Plan.
1. Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines as well as donor requirements.
2. Prepare and submit reports and analysis as required by management.
3. Ensure proper filing of documents.
4. Contribute to the development of relevant Protection projects.
5. Contribute to management of protection projects(implementation, activities, budget and project
documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
6. Contribute to the development and management of project budgets, as well as to coordination
across CCs and make sure projects are aligned to Integrated Programming.
7. Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and assess new and
better ways to assist.
8. Support capacity building of project staff and transfer of key skills.
9. Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
10. Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
11. Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles
within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
At least 4 years of experience in an international NGO, preferably in an emergency or postconflict setting, beneficiary reception and/or counselling, protection monitoring, protection
case management, or related field.
Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
Previous experience in conducting or overseeing protection related activities.
Ability to present data and convey information clearly and concisely and identifying trends
Ability to analyse data and integrate information from a wide range of sources.
Experience in facilitating the capacity building efforts of diverse colleagues, including local