Role and responsibilities Generic responsibilities
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall
be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Professional Development Plan.
1. Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
2. Assist implementation of the protection portfolio according to plan of action.
3. Implement independently protection monitoring related activities as delegated.
4. Responsible for organizing and delivery of tasks in line with established procedures, agreed
priorities, international standards, and relevant guiding principles.
5. Coordinate and conduct protection monitoring in the designated areas, and report timely about
identified concerns and risks that beneficiaries face, in accordance with principles, established
tools and mechanisms.
6. Develop and maintain knowledge of protection, in order to be most effective in supporting the
7. Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
8. Ensure confidentiality and proper filing of relevant documents.
9. Ensure that protection monitoring reports reflect issues faced and raised by all (diverse)
community members, as well as are representative of the situation on the ground.
10. Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
Generic professional competencies:
Experience from working directly with affected/local communities within an international or
local organization in a humanitarian context.
Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
Previous experience in conducting protection, monitoring, case management or other
Basic knowledge or interest in understanding of international standards, and Protection
fundamental concepts and guiding principles.
Ability to analyse and integrate information from a wide range of sources.
Knowledge of IT tools (MS Office package, internet, e-mail, etc.).
Sufficient working knowledge of English.
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
Knowledge of the context in the geographical area of responsibility.
Knowledge of a local language.