Responsibility 1: Provision of Physical and Functional Rehabilitation
• Provide rehabilitation care with the support of Rehabilitation officer to the most critical and high
priority cases according to the guidelines of HI’s emergency rehabilitation interventions
• Under the supervision of Rehabilitation Officer pre-screening and prioritization for accurate
assessment, planning, and provision of appropriate therapy to the beneficiaries. including ongoing
evaluation/reassessment of the beneficiaries. within the constraints of the project resources at the
fixed point, the beneficiaries’ home, and where relevant.
• According to the outcomes of the assessment of the beneficiaries’ needs (taking into account her/his
daily activities, the participation of her/his caregiver, etc.…), and consultation to the Rehab officer
develop an appropriate intervention and treatment plan.
• Ensure rehabilitation outcomes to a person should focus on achieving and maintaining “Optimal
Functioning” in interaction with their environment, personal, and outcome factors.
• Familiarize self with the global physical and functional rehabilitation approaches of Handicap
International Federation (Humanity and Inclusion)
• Inform the beneficiary and the caregiver importance of rehabilitation services to improve the physical
situation and daily function
• Offer rehabilitation services based on the defined objectives between the beneficiary and the
• Review the most recent information on the beneficiary’s evolution before starting a treatment session
and adapt your treatment or seek technical advice from your Rehabilitation officer & STO when
• Ensure the safety of the beneficiary during the rehabilitation sessions and take into account
contraindications and precautions related to diverse illness, problems, and medical treatments. refer
for medical advice if needed. (Do No Harm)
• Advice and train the beneficiary and the caregivers on the basic exercises that the beneficiary can
do on his/her own or with/without support from caregivers on the way to prevent complication or
Responsibility 2: Provision of appropriate assistive devices and rehabilitation equipment.
• Identify the beneficiary’s needs (for critical and high priority cases) in terms of assistive devices and
mobility aids by seeking support from the Rehabilitation Officer to ensure as per HI guidelines.
• Ensure that the device is adapted to user needs and provide clear explanations to guarantee its safe
and proper use and maintenance.
• Ensure a proper follow-up on the use and wean off the assistive device
• Ensure the provision of assistive devices are made according to the strategy (quality and quantity)
and the needs identified
Responsibility 3: Accountability, Reporting, and Documentation
• Document beneficiaries care services by charting in beneficiaries and department records.
• Write beneficiaries' case notes and reports and collect statistics.
• Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations;
adhering to infection-control policies and protocols
• Update the Senior Technical Officer-Rehabilitation on the activities of the hospital in terms of
rehabilitations gaps when necessary
• Ensure beneficiaries sign a necessary document during the donation of devices and specific items.
Responsibility 4: Internal and External Coordination
• Communicate and link with other members of the mobile team, regarding internal referrals (PSS,
protection, rehabilitation and Project Officer-Service Linkage), to ensure a comprehensive approach
• Coordinate with Health Sector and health actors
• Support the Team Manager in mapping existing health services in the area
• Ensure external referrals and follow-up, by gathering feedback on service provided for
• Inform the rehabilitation officer for any referral to partners.
• Participate in staff weekly coordination meetings.
• Provide necessary details and links for follow up after discharge to Rehabilitation Senior Technical
Officer for follow up.
Qualification(s) Diploma in Physiotherapy/ Occupational Therapy Registered with the local association
Experience • Minimum 02 years of relevant work experience • Experience in the humanitarian context, preferably in the field of rehabilitation and/or disaster risk management is preferable; • Experience in Internally Displaced Persons Response a plus • Experience in contributing to data collection and indicator tracking within development projects or programs;
Competencies • Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, work independently, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks, and maintain attention to detail. • Understanding of age, gender & disability and inclusion principles and practices • Have the capacity to maintain close relationships with partners, stakeholders and beneficiaries • Burmese: Fluent • Karen languages
• Able to work in harsh conditions
• Good physical condition
• Strong team Works approach
• Communication skills
• Knowledge of disability and
development issues in Myanmar
• Sensitized on issue related child
protection, protection of genderbased violence etc.