Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities
• Act as the key focal point and representative of ActionAid Myanmar to donors, partners, and
other stakeholders and to ActionAid International for Resilience related matters in Myanmar
• Attend regular meetings with representatives from donor organizations and regularly update
the senior management team (SMT) and other relevant teams.
• Represent AAM on different thematic working groups and clusters such as the DRR Working
Group, Land Core Group and other key stakeholders including media agencies, academic
groups, government institutions and other agencies to further the impact of Resilience work
• Act as the key focal point and representative of AAM to the Donors of specific thematic
programme including in relation to changes to the Project budget/activities which require
prior donor consultation/approval in collaboration with partnership team.
• Lead in developing the Resilience program strategy.
• Contribute to the programme strategy and advocacy plan to achieve programme objectives as
per Country Strategy Paper 3-year operational plan.
• Collaborate with relevant ActionAid affiliate countries in developing strategy(ies) for
organizational capacity building, partnership building and fund raising of AAM.
• Provide inputs in other organizational policies and procedures, systems as and when required.
• Ensure AAM has a high quality, well documented and cost-effective programme in the
• Ensures that projects are implemented according to the approved project proposals and in
accordance with the rules and regulations of the donors in cooperation and coordination
with the Resilience team, other program/functional units and partners.
• Ensure all programme activities in Resilience are grounded, strongly inter-linked and
responsive to changes in the political, social, and economic environments.
• Track trends in contemporary development programming and programme management
practices, document and provide advice/ recommendations on key developments to Head of
• Ensure effective coordination with LRP operation manager and project/program managers
and coordinators in all programme design, implementation, monitoring and reporting.
• At least 5 -7 years of work experience in related field in similar organization
• Demonstrable technical expertise in community-based Disaster Risk Reduction, Climate
Change Adaptation and/or Resilience work
• Strong working knowledge of inclusive methodologies
• Experience of managing and coordinating partnerships with a wide range of diverse partners
including non- native English speakers.
• Working experience of leading/supporting a consortium comprising different types of
partners (e.g., UN agencies, INGOs, LNGOs)
• Familiarity with history, dynamics and working environment in Myanmar, including through
direct experience of working in Myanmar.
• Preferable to have professional experience in more than two areas, and interest to approach
resilience as a wider portfolio.