• Taking responsibility for the business performance of the restaurant.
• Analyzing and planning restaurant sales levels and profitability.
• Organizing marketing activities, such as promotional events and discount schemes.
• Preparing reports at the end of the shift/week, including staff control, food control and sales.
• Creating and executing plans for department sales, profit and staff development.
• Setting budgets and/or agreeing them with senior management.
• Planning and coordinating menus.
• Coordinating with suppliers when necessary.
• Coordinating the entire operation of the restaurant during scheduled shifts.
• Managing staff and providing them with feedback.
• Responding to customer complaints.
• Ensuring that all employees adhere to the company's uniform standards.
• Meeting and greeting customers and organizing table reservations.
• Advising customers on menu and wine choice.
• Recruiting, training and motivating staff.
• Organizing and supervising the shifts of kitchen, waiting and cleaning staff.
• Maintaining high standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety.
• Checking stock levels and ordering supplies.
• Preparing cash drawers and providing petty cash as required.
• Helping in any area of the restaurant when circumstances dictate.
• Previous experience as Restaurant Manager for at least 2 years
• Experience in creating roster and managing teams
• Training and development of junior team members
• An added bonus would be if you have a good wine knowledge
• Team player
• Must be able to delegate responsibilities
• Able to work in a fast paced environment
• Able to work nights, weekends, and holiday
Additional ad-hoc duties.
***WILLING TO WORK ON A ROTATING SHIFT.