Major duties and responsibilities
● Serve as the WWF Myanmar focal point for ESSF and Risk Management.
● Coordinate integrating the ESSF in WWF Myanmar landscapes and as part of overall
project design and the project cycle, help teams to screen projects to identify risks, design
mitigation measures. and assist in the implementation of safeguards and risk mitigation
● Support landscape and programme managers to screen their landscape and projects
using the ESSF screening tool and develop landscape mitigation frameworks (and any required
mitigation plans) and relevant supporting documents to fully comply with the ESSF. To take
into account all relevant information such as the type, location, sensitivity and scale of the
project, the nature and magnitude of the potential impacts, the capacity and commitment of
WWF Myanmar and any third parties WWF is funding to manage risks and impacts in a
manner consistent with the ESSF.
● Support landscape managers/Project managers in developing Project risk register &
compliance to WWF’s Quality Assurance process
● Work closely with the Conservation Strategy, Impact and Innovation Manager on
inclusion of ESSF and risk management status and implementation in reporting and strategy
● Develop country level guidelines / communication materials in order for WWF staff
and third parties to gain better understanding about WWF social safeguard policies & Risk
management, including in local languages.
● Provide guidance on ESSF and other social and risk management policies and
procedures to WWF’s third parties covered by contract agreements (service providers,
● Coordinate with the WWF Myanmar finance team on financial risk management, and
ensure reporting to WWF International incorporates both ESSF and risk-related measures and
● Monitor and support crisis management planning and implementation
● Coordinate and support the process related to WWF Myanmar’s complaints resolution
● Interact with the WWF regional/network environmental and social safeguards and risk
management and compliance teams on implementation of the ESSF and Risk management
Profile Required education and experience
● Bachelor’s Degree in social science or management or law, or environmental
● At least 7 years of working experience of which 3 years of experience should be in
applying environmental and social safeguards to complex projects and managing risk
● A track record of having worked directly with local communities on project
management including environmental and social safeguards and risk management
● A good understanding of human rights and ability to apply human rights and
humanitarian law frameworks to WWF’s safeguards and risk management work.
● Proven experience in training design, facilitation, coaching, mentoring and capacity
● Fluent in English and Myanmar languages (preferred), and strong communication skills
both oral and written.
● Knowledge and experience on other social issues for example; gender equity, diversity
and inclusion, poverty, child protection is preferable.
● Clearly demonstrates behaviours aligned to WWF values: courage, integrity, respect