Based in Yangon, the incumbent will serve as Saving Deposit Manager of DAWN, reporting to the COO. S/he
will be responsible for the design, development, implementation and management of Dawn’s saving
deposit strategy and products for Dawn’s primary target segment (namely, loan customers). The incumbent will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of saving deposits operations.
- Design, Develop and or improve current saving products and services to meet the overall business goals and by applying a customer centric approach.
- Engage with customers to understand their needs, how they evolve and gather inputs to enhance the product line.
- Conduct market research and analyze the resulting data to identify market opportunities for business growth related to Saving Deposit mobilization.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to design, build, and launch saving products.
- Define KPI's, monitor the performance of the products and continuously improve them to ensure end-to-end product management
- Develop, implement and oversee policies, procedures and guidelines for Saving products in the ever-changing landscape of the financial institution’s industry
- Permanently review existing company procedures and make recommendations to improve productivity, efficiency, and budget.
- Adapt the operations infrastructure to fluctuating volumes and demands as they occur without degradation to customer service or transaction processing.
- Implement and update the processes and procedures of newly acquired software or enhancements to current software as necessary.
- Manage the risks associated with deposit operations by ensuring controls, policies, and procedures are established and in place.
- Initiate and develop sale strategy to meet the targets.
- Work closely with Zone/Region/Branch level teams to ensure business development and smooth operation.
- Coordinate and work hand-in-hand with the marketing department to develop and implement all marketing efforts and support to the sales and customer engagement activities.
- Regularly monitor the deposit movement, business performance and prepare required reports.
- Support personnel on customer service and processing issues and inquiries as encountered.
- Comply with all information requests from auditing, finance and the human resource departments in order to insure compliance with laws and company policy.
- Ensure all regulatory and security requirements, institution’s policy, and procedures are understood and practiced at all times.
- Must be able to understand financial statements and be willing to implement new procedures to keep in line with budgeting and financial statements.
- Design and prepare accurate, complete systematic reports on saving deposit operations metrics.
- Develop a service-oriented, positive team atmosphere with an emphasis on customer experience on all customer touch-points related to deposit products.
- Directly lead and execute the promotion and selling of “funding” products such as “time deposits”, including the whole customer relationship building and management of the portfolio, with focus on customer satisfaction, renewals and retention.
- Need to travel across Myanmar to support branches to supervise for Savings process
- Perform all other tasks linked to the role and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Play key player role in the team to have department’s achievements.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Accounting, Business, Economics.
- Minimum Seven (7) years of experience, with at least three (3) years in Banking/ Microfinance (preferably on Deposits management of the institution).
- Experience in interacting and engaging with prospective and existing customers for the purpose of selling products and managing customers’ accounts.
- Good level of English language
- Excellent interpersonal skills. This position requires experience in dealing with a wide range of customers’ personalities and profiles, including those representing institutional clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both English and Myanmar
- Excellent organizational and product management skills
- Proven ability of coordination across functional teams with a team spirit
- Critical thinking, analytical skills and ability to find resolutions to problems on a regular basis.
- Planning skills and Result oriented.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access
- Demonstrated success in launching and managing products.