Crane International School Myanmar (CISM) is looking for a potential candidate who is will fare best as a school secretary who is people oriented, can multi-task, understands secretarial duties, and is highly organized. The school secretary has to complete work in a timely manner to meet deadlines while keeping schedules for teachers, principals, and events. This same secretary must greet all visitors, answer the school phone to direct calls, make announcements, and complete billing.
The secretary may also have to serve other duties as needed or required in a particular position. School secretary will go to people in a school if a teacher is low on supplies, if a meeting needs to be scheduled, or if paperwork needs to be filed or located. The school secretary is expected to keep confidentiality in all matters as he or she will have access to student files, meeting notes, and employee records.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Both challenging and rewarding, the position of Senior School Secretary is crucial to the smooth running of any school. The Senior School Secretary performs a diverse set of tasks under the pressure of timelines and confidentiality. Jobs do vary depending on the size of the school. The Senior School Secretary will:
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the principal, vice principal; support teaching staff as policy directs
- Ensure that the school operates in a consistently organized manner every day
- Act as liaison between the community, the school and other internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinate appropriate documents for communication between schools and with government offices
- Maintain and oversee all record-keeping for students and staff
- Adhere to rigorous student and staff confidentiality protocols in all circumstances
- Act as first point-of-contact to callers, relay messages, and transfer calls as appropriate
- Arrange conferences, meetings, and travel reservations for administrative personnel both using school resources and out-of-school arrangements
- Complete forms in accordance with school and district procedures, following education legislation
- Compose, type, and distribute staff and department meeting notes, routine correspondence
- Generate and distribute reports as appropriate
- Handle visitor inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate person according to their needs
- Locate and attach appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring replies.
- Distribute newsletters and other information in an economical and time-sensitive manner
- Maintain master schedule and event calendars; cross reference with district timelines and facility availability
- Make copies of correspondence and other printed material.
- Open, read, route, and distribute incoming mail and other material, and prepare answers to routine letters.
- Set up and maintain paper and electronic filing systems for records, correspondence, and other material.
- Collect and disburse funds from cash accounts; keep accurate records of collections and disbursements
- Record attendance and absences; make phone calls as appropriate
- Establish work procedures and schedules, and manage workflow of other clerical staff members
- Test, operate, promote and troubleshoot new office technologies as they are developed and implemented
- Manage projects from a clerical perspective, and contribute to committee and team work.
- Ensure email best practices and coordinate the flow of information both internally and with other organizations.
- Order, track and dispense supplies
- Review work done by others ensure that school formatting and content policies are followed; revise as necessary Prepare and circulate curriculum documents
- Reconcile accounts
- Able to maintain records with a high degree of accuracy
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to direct a team with facility and courtesy
- Able to work with frequent interruptions
- Operate office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and phone systems; and use computers for spreadsheet, word processing, database management, and other applications
What we are looking for:
- Age between 25-45 years old
- Fluent in English (Speaking and Writing)
- Must be able to type efficiently and effectively in English and Burmese fonts
- Bachelor's Degree from a University