Security Officer (SO) is supervised by Security Specialist and acts as Security Focal Point (SPF) for Rakhine state.
SO coordinates with PIN SPFs, local CSO SPFs, partner SFPs and other relevant actors to ensure staff safety by
validating movements of staff members, issuing timely advice regarding staff physical wellbeing and any
potential risks. SO closely monitors new security developments through online, print and social media, personal
networks, security coordination mechanisms and other relevant channels. SO logs and archives incidents
related to staff safety, conflict, outbreak of disease and other factors as deemed relevant. PIN is recruiting two
Security Officers – one for security management of PIN operation and the other for security management of
local CSO partners.
• Tracks and logs security incidents related to clashes, clearance operations, troops movement, mines,
UXO and other.
• Maintains a risk matrix on PIN’s and partners areas of operation.
• Together with PIN’s and partners’ Security Focal Points (SPF) closely tracks relevant security
developments in PIN’s areas of operation.
• Strictly follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for field movement validations as well as other
security and safety related SOPs.
• Ensures team members strict compliance with existing SOPs.
• Monitors contextual developments, where appropriate, provides advice on amendments of SOPs.
• Provides comprehensive and neutral information on security risks, threats and incidents (including
Skills and Qualifications
• University degree in a relevant subject.
• Work experience in managing security and validating movements in insecure environments highly
• Experience working in insecurity settings that required enhanced security measures.
• Good understanding of local security and political context.
• Willingness to travel in conflict affected areas.
• Experience in cooperating with partner organisations and government counterparts.
• Previous work for NGOs or international organization (INGOs, UN) is an advantage.
• Experience working with diverse groups and desire to build bridges between diverse communities.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills and confidence to liaison with different stakeholders.
• High degree of digital literacy including word, excel, PowerPoint and etc.
• Good in English and Burmese (speaking, writing and reading is essential), fluency in Rakhine language