Senior Backend Developer Responsibilities:
- Building and maintaining web applications
· Assessing the efficiency and speed of current applications
· Managing hosting environments
· Troubleshooting and debugging
· Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
· Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
· Developing ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
· Recording data and reporting it to proper parties, such as clients or leadership.
· Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members.
· Taking lead on projects, as needed.
Senior Backend Developer Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in computer programming, computer science, or a related field.
· Professionals should have some or most of the following skills and experience:
· Strong understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques and tools.
· Experience with eCommerce frameworks
· Version control, such as Git, CVS or SVN
· Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement.
· Excellent project and time management skills.
· Strong problem-solving skill.
· Ability to work independently or with a group.
· Willingness to sit at desk for extended periods.
· Prior experience with Magento eCommerce Platform preferred.