- Establishes networking environment, designing and deploying network solutions using a variety of technologies.
- Performing system configuration; system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including services packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Maximizes network performance & availability; troubleshooting network problems, outages & scheduling upgrades.
- Secures network system by establishing and forcing security polices; defining and monitoring access.
- Working with other networking teams in the business (service provider operations and engineering, WiFi , transmission ) to bring the best of each discipline to the business.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
- Degree in Computer Engineering, computer Studies, Information Technology or related discipline
- At least 5 years’ experience in a networking environment with 2 years’ experience in a design role is required; Experience in Network Design and Implementation, Network Troubleshooting, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Performance Tuning.
- Experience in enterprise network design and operation is essential, service provider advantageous.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Deep understanding of infrastructure and protocols: IPv4/IPv6, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, Ethernet, QOS, EIGRP, LACP, STP, BFD.
- Experience with datacenter networking infrastructure would be advantage, including knowledge of architectures and technologies such as VDCs, VPCs, server virtualization (ESX or HyperV), SAN.