Senior Finance Officer shall be responsible for performing the following duties:
• Prepare program and project budgets in compliance with donor guidelines as well as
compliance to CDNH policies.
• Review CDNH rules & regulations and provide feedback to Senior Finance Manager.
• Accurately document financial transactions.
• Ensure that financial transactions are properly authorized, recorded and have adequate
supporting documentation which can be easily extracted for the purpose of preparing
• Summarize current financial status by gathering data; preparing balance sheets and other
financial reports as required accurately and in detail.
• Coordinate with external auditors prior to and during the audit ensuring that information
required is available and in an appropriate format for audit.
• Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures for
Finance team use and across CDNH, ensuring that financial regulations and legislation are
• Check all transactions and financial report in Accounting System.
• Physically check cash balance against cash book (daily) and rectify any errors.
• Maintain appropriate hard copy and electronic files of all financial transactions.
• Follow-up all operational advances pending to ensure that they are addressed in a timely
Skills and Qualifications:
• Excellent numerical skills.
• Accuracy in the preparation and analysis of financial data.
• Good organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge of financial software packages.
• Planning skills and attention to detail.
• Can work with under pressure to meet deadline reporting
• Have a internal or external audit experience
• Willingness and ability to travel if required (within Myanmar and abroad).
• Commitment to the core values of CDNH and an understanding of conflict sensitivity.
• English/ethnic language skills an advantage