- Assist manager in developing audit objectives, plans, and scope consistent with the department’s charter, business objectives, the assessment of audit risk, client needs, and the audit needs/priorities communicates by the audit committee.
- Scheduling audits, determining the resources that are necessary, and seeing that the approved audit plan is accomplished to the extent staffing allows.
- Communicating with those who need to know about audits and interfacing with personnel throughout the organization, particularly those being audited, to resolve audit issues and achieve the desired improvement actions.
- Direct involve in actual fieldworks at branch audit from time to time to insure quality of work are procedures.
- Supervising audits and reviewing the work performed to ensure the adequacy of audit scope, the adequacy of testing performed, and the accuracy of conclusions reached. Also keeping manager informed regarding the status of audits in progress.
- Evaluating auditor performance, providing on-the-job training and counseling auditors to strengthen the person’s knowledge/skills/development.
- Developing and maintaining productivity, staff, and management relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Reviewing/editing individual branch audit reports and provide recommendations for ultimately improvement actions.
- Presenting and communicate audit finding at the audit and drafting local manager responses in the audit report.
- Conduct surprise field visits branches as per audit plan or directed by audit manager.
- Facilitating the audit process by resolving issues and staff questions during the day-to-day progress of audits with respect to efficiency and effectiveness of operation.
- Performing other related work as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/business administration or related field.
- CPA/CIA/ACCA is preferred.
- Two year experiences in internal audit/external audit/operation/ accounting Microfinance sector is preferable.
- The combination of graduate degree and professional certificate may substitute for two years of experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, and management principal and preferred business practices.
- Considerable knowledge of the standard and code of ethics.
- Knowledge of contemporary risk management and control techniques and working knowledge of contemporary control frameworks.
- Working knowledge of control and risk self-assessment facilitation techniques.
- Considerable knowledge if industrial policies, procedures, regulations and laws.
- Familiarity with the common indicators of fraud.
- Considerable skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with customers, co-workers, staff, and external contacts, and work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Honest and hardworking.
- Good in English, writing, speaking and reading.
- Flexible, work under pressure, travelling is challenging.