• Coordinate with all team members in the project implementation team
• Oversee all MKEM current research projects
• Provide guidance and mentorship to the more junior project officers at MKEM
• Undertake quality assurance and issue mitigation for ongoing research projects
• Undertake desk-based and primary research for projects;
• Help build a network of key informants and researchers across the country;
• Conduct research field visits to other states and regions when necessary;
• Organise and conduct Focus Group Discussions (FGDs), writing up notes and reports;
• Help to set-up, and conduct interviews with key informants, writing up notes and reports.
• Provide logistical, administrative and financial support as part of the project team;
• Ensure quality of project implementation, making trips to the field when necessary;
• Communicate with clients to ensure that projects are implemented efficiently;
• Edit reports from external consultants;
• Manage contracts and payment matters with consultants;
• Assisting in developing and writing methodologies for proposals
• Communicating with external consultants in English and Burmese to ensure their participation and to gather
all inputs required for proposals;
UOther Miscellaneous Tasks:
• Interpreting and translating (if possible) documents between English and Burmese;
• Assisting with training and other workshops where needed; and other adhoc tasks assigned by Management
Qualification and Requirements:
• At least 3-5 years of experience in the development sector.
• Experience conducting fieldwork and survey/household survey/monitoring and evaluation research.
• Demonstrable experience managing and coordinating multiple research projects
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, preferably a Master’s in relevant discipline
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Burmese;
• High level of computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email);
• Ability and willingness to travel frequently within the country, when the situation allows
• Ability and willingness to interact with external clients and international donor agencies.