Senior Software Engineer Job Duties
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
Senior software engineers must have expert knowledge of computer languages, computer logic and must poses strong analytical and reasoning skills. They must be familiar with software design methods and techniques, be knowledgeable on the full SDLC, and have the skills to write, edit and debug computer programs to achieve design objectives. They must have expertise in programming languages and technologies, such as:
- Classic ASP
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or software development related subject.
- 3 to 5 years work experience in a software development role. Candidate with Singapore work experience would be highly advantageous.
- Good English skills both written and verbal