PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF JOB
The Senior System/Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will be part of the GTMH Cloud Services Team (CST) providing critical design and support for the complex virtual datacenter environments. This engineer must be able to work collaboratively with customers, application owners and internal teams to provide exceptional customer service.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Install, support, maintain, and develop the VMware Cloud Infrastructure
· Performing daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all virtual hardware, resources, systems, and key processes
· Performing advanced troubleshooting and root cause analysis to expedite incident resolution
· Developing scripts to gain efficiencies for reporting and automating repetitive tasks
· Evaluating requests for hardware and software; research and recommend solutions that meet or exceed customer requirement
· Performing the installation, configuration, and maintenance of the VMware virtual infrastructure, including, but not limited to, vCenter Server Appliance, vRealize Operations Manager (vROps), vRealize Orchestrator (vRO), ESXi, vSAN, vCloud Director, vCloud Director Availability, Update Manager and NSX
· Developing VMware vCenter and vROps reports for performance, troubleshooting and capacity planning
· Performing upgrades and applying patches or firmware updates to the virtual infrastructure software or hardware
· Participating in the on-call support rotation, responding to support calls both during and after business hours/weekends/holidays/shutdowns
· Providing configuration management and security compliance for the virtual infrastructure software and hardware
· Developing and updating standard operating procedures and user guides
· Completing service requests or incidents tickets in support of the virtual infrastructure
· Providing technical leadership and assume overall accountability for the successful management and implementation of customer projects to cloud.
· Create and maintain all server/cloud infrastructure documentation, including downtime records, inventory, procedural documentation, and a disaster recovery plan.
· Define and implement security policies
· Develop, maintain, and execute comprehensive project plans that relate to the server infrastructure.
· Remotely support regional data centers and field offices with some travel required.
· Interact and develop relationships with vendors and other 3rd party contractors to manage projects and secure network products and services.
· Work closely with delivery team to provide input on industry trends to tailor our delivery offerings to meet the market needs
· Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology
· Ability to troubleshoot a wide range of server and application related issues, at times under pressure.
· Strong sensitivity on cybersecurity matters
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strong written and verbal communications skills.
Years of Experience:
· 3 – 5 years of experience in Cloud Computing Engineering & architecture, service models, deployment models, practical implementations, system operations
Area/s of Experience:
· Experience working with Data Center hardware and management software
· Requires 3-5 years of VMware products (vSphere, vSAN, NSX), Microsoft Windows Server, Windows Clustering, Active Directory, Linux Operating Systems.
· Experience in one or multiple following application areas is a plus: Oracle, SQL, Next-Gen (e.g., BD, NoSQL), Cloud-Native or Containers.
· Relevant certification is required.
· VMware vCloud Director experience will be a plus
· Knowledge of best practice backup and recovery procedures