Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the officer position is day to day implementation of the WASH/Shelter Project. The
following is a brief description of the role.
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall
be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
1. Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
2. Implement delegated CC project portfolio according to plan of action
3. Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
4. Ensure proper filing of documents
5. Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and assess new and better
ways to assist.
6. Develop work plan and schedule for the monitoring of activities with line manager
7. Supervision of assistants
8. Support the selection of beneficiaries per the agreed criteria
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective
Experience in a humanitarian and development program preferably with an INGO.
Proven ability to use Auto CAD, MS Office software (especially Word and Excel) is
Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Generic professional competencies:
• Experience from working as a Project/Technical Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
• Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Some knowledge of local language and context
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
Proven practical experience in the planning and execution of shelter and WASH programme of
at least 3 years’ experience in a humanitarian and development program.
Qualification with AGTI, B-Tech or BE (Civil) is advantage.
Experience with preparing Design and Bill of Quantity on emergency and community based
Experience in capacity building and training of targeted group.
Ability to work independently in a result-oriented multi-tasking and multi- cultural
environment and manage conflicting priorities
Fluency in Kayah, verbal is of distinct advantage