Site Finance Manager
1. JOB SUMMARY
The Site Finance Manager ensures the accuracy and timeliness of all financial reporting for the protection of all company assets, implements Company and department policies and procedures related to financial management so as to be in compliance with various local and state regulations. This job has the oversight responsibility for the day-to-day execution of general ledger processes, performs accounting functions in the areas of account balancing, ledger reconciliation, reporting, discrepancy resolution, tax statement and other related.
2. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
TASKS TO BE CONDUCTED
· Supervise the maintenance of proper books of accounts, consisting of balance sheets and related statements of income and expenses and of changes in all funds for the fiscal year.
· Under the direction of the board of directors, take charge of the company’s financial affairs, including supervising the signing of all checks, payment of accounts, and collection of debts.
· Develop financial risk management policies and use various hedging and netting strategies to reduce risk related to changes in asset values, interest rates, and foreign currency holdings.
· Under the direction of the board of directors, manage the appropriate level of working capital and employ the company risk management policy for allocating excess cash to various types of investments and/or hedging, including foreign currency.
· Oversee budgeting, financial forecasting, and cash flow for administration, existing programs, and proposed new activities.
· Manages accounting activities and accurately and promptly produces financial reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis or as required or requested.
· Take charge of accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, general ledger, payroll and utilities, treasury, budgeting, cash forecasting, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, capital assets reconciliations, fixed asset activity, debt activity and related.
· Responsible for proper reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts each month and the timely and accurate close of the accounting records at the end of each month.
· Oversee and assist in ensuring accurate and timely processing of invoices and payments.
· Ensures timely payment of all taxes and other regulatory fees.
· Develop and maintain documented Standard Operating Procedures for accounting policies and procedures.
· Develop internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting.
· Develops and maintains positive relationships and negotiates contract and loan terms with banks and other financial institutions.
· Serves as company’s representative to financial community and shareholders.
· Review and interpret unusual transactions, adjustments or unexpected financial results to determine the appropriate accounting treatment or other necessary follow-up.
· Provide accurate financial reporting and participate in the quarterly and year-end audits performed by external auditors.
· Research and interpret tax laws to identify tax saving opportunities and develop appropriate tax strategies for the benefit of company profit performance.
· Oversee the preparation of annual budget.
· Carry out the yearly appraisal of subordinates.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Accuracy in ledger entry
· Timely and accurate financing reporting
· Employee turnover
· Accounts payable turnover
· Accounts receivable turnover
· Average value of invoices outstanding
· Zero Safety incident
· Positive feedback from fellow employees for the successful completion of tasks/projects
3. COMPETENCY AND EXPERIENCE
· Must have experience and be familiar with Myanmar Financial Reporting Standards (2010 versions of IFRS Standards).
· Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the internal controls over accounting rules and related local and state codes and regulations, including tax laws.
· Demonstrated leadership skills in planning and directing employees and processes in order to effectively monitor and develop subordinates and to ensure the smooth operation of department.
· Strong ability to communicate effectively in the English language and write routine reports and correspondence.
· Work collaboratively with fellow employees and others to achieve identified goals and objectives.
· Positive attitude and self-motivated
· Independent judgement
· Able to analyse problems systematically, organize, and identify underlying causes and generate solutions.
· Ability to perform complex analysis of data, processes, policies, procedures and/or systems and to produce unambiguous, comprehensive and accurate interpretations
· Proficient with MS Office programs.
· Experience in oil and gas terminal with vessel, barge, and truck operations.
4. EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATES
· Degree holder in Accounting, Finance or Economics, or Business Administration and other related fields.
· Five (5) years management experience in financial accounting or related, preferably in oil and gas sector or five (5) years of increasingly responsible management experience in financial accounting related roles.
· Professional Certification (Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or equivalent)
· MBA or an advanced degree in business, management, or finance.