The volunteer will work with VSO Social Cohesion Programme providing relevant support in delivering social
cohesion programmes at community level. S/he will mobilize community, partners and various stakeholders
to participate in context analysis, action research, and design and implement pilot projects on social
cohesion in promoting cohesive society through addressing different social conflict driving factors. The
volunteer will work as a liaison person to enhance communications between community, partners and VSO.
The Volunteer will support in reviewing social cohesion tools to ensure that they are conflict-sensitive,
culturally and language appropriate, and support in delivering of community initiatives of VSO Social
Cohesion Programme. S/he will take full responsibilities for documenting and sharing learnings on social
cohesion work with technical support from the Social Cohesion Programme Team.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• A University degree in Social Sciences, Public Policy, Public Administration, Peace building,
International Development, or related field.
• Demonstrated understanding of issues and challenges related to conflict, women, ethnic and
• Experience in advocacy and/or influencing a range of decision-makers e.g. national governments,
intergovernmental organizations, UN organizations, Ethnic Organizations, Ethnic Armed Groups.
• A minimum of more than three years professional experience in a related sector or context (e.g.,
Good Governance, Conflict sensitivity, Gender, Peace building, Inclusion, Women Empowerment
and Development etc)
• Experience and demonstrated results in social cohesion in programming, in a developing country
• Excellent communication and social skills, the ability to work closely with a variety of stakeholders.
• Ability to work independently as well as with multiple stakeholders in a time-pressured
• Demonstrated success in engaging with and mobilizing communities related to social cohesion
• Ability to work both as team member and independently.
• Proven ability to create and maintain effective working relationships with high level stakeholders