SCOPE OF WORK
The Consultants will be responsible for organizational performance improvement of about 15
to 20 partner organizations in line with AFDA designed organizational performance index and
train about 3 - 5 interns to become Business Development Services providers under Business
Development Professional Services Program. Organizational Capacity Assessment Reports
and Organizational Performance Improvement Plans of selected partners conducted by AFDA
staff will be available to the consultants for reference.
1. Prepare inception report including a plan (activities, timeline, deliverables and participants)
for Strategic Planning and Business Plan Development
2. Provide technical support (training and coaching) during the business/strategic planning
sessions and in the drafting and finalization of the business/strategic plan
3. Closely work with AFDA and the leadership of AFDA partners to develop
Business/Strategic Plan of the Partner companies/enterprises until the production of the
finalized Business/Strategic Plan document.
4. Develop curriculum for business development services program on Business/Strategic
Planning including practical training for interns, providing them actual hands-on
facilitation role in strategic planning sessions and providing after-session feedback.
5. Select, train, mentor and coach Interns to become Professional BDS providers on
Business/Strategic Plan development
6. Develop evaluation/Scoring matrix to assess performance baseline and improvement of
7. Conduct regular evaluation and assessment on the learning and improvement of interns.
EXPECTED OUTPUTS & DELIVERABLES
The technical assistance provision is expected to support about 15 to 20 partner organizations
and train 3 to 5 Interns and proposed deliverables are as follow.
a. This consultancy is open for international and local.
b. University degree in Business, Management, Economics, Financial Management and
Accountancy, Marketing Management or Enterprise Development related field.
c. At least eight years of experience in providing organizational/business/enterprise
development services specifically to business enterprises.
d. Demonstrated successful outcomes of business development support to enterprises
(including producer groups operating as businesses)
e. Experience facilitating training and providing coaching on strategic/business planning
and business development support and drafting strategic/business plan.
a. Master’s degree in business, management, marketing, entrepreneurship, finance or
b. Familiarity with agriculture and agri-enterprise development in Myanmar
c. Experience in enterprise development and/or strategic and business planning support to
agribusinesses in countries in Asia including remote technical support.
d. Demonstrated good understanding of and experience working with
businesses/enterprises on gender and cultural sensitivity and inclusiveness.