TRUSTED BUSINESS PARTNER:
- Identify and deliver tangible & actionable business insights and strategic recommendations based on research and data from various sources. Propose actions and ensure proposed actions are followed-up on by the M&S community.
- Proactively develop an understanding of the business fundamentals and its growth drivers. Work these points into all market research studies run by Myanmar SI to ensure business needs are being addressed.
- Drive a consumer-centric mindset in the organization as custodian of the consumer segmentation study and succeeding market roll-out.
- Connect with all M&S teams and ensure to know what is going on in the field. For this conduct regularly field visits with both Sales & Field Marketing to know how consumer & trade programs deployed. Use SI knowledge to coach M&S community and enhance our way of working.
CLEAR ENTREPENEURIAL ATTITUDE:
- Lead by example and promote a proactive and entrepreneurial attitude in the SI department by connecting with all other M&S departments. It is pivotal the incumbent knows what other teams are doing to potentially enrich and influence everything we do in M&S.
- Build confidence within the SI team to speak out and voice an informed opinion, to explain it, to defend it and to influence the market on appropriate changes needed to build the business from an SI perspective.
INSIGHTS RELEVANCE and REPORTs QUALITY MONITORING:
- Provide commercially relevant INTERPRETATIONS to all reports - describing the numbers is not enough. Instead make interpretations behind the results and explain why the results are what they are.
- Drive and define the insights and information framework optimal for JTI Myanmar business support, as well as the related communication and sharing flow. Perform attentive guardianship re. Reports and information shared.
- Define SI training needs for the M&S community and supervise/monitor proper implementation plan.
BUSINESS PROCESS EFFECTIVENESS:
- Pro-actively involve & track all major M&S programs and challenge M&S teams by making specific, commercially relevant and actionable suggestions how to evolve. Pro-actively track & follow-up if M&S teams implement / consider proposed actions and pro-actively involve if not.
MANAGE RELATIONSHIPs with Key INSTITUTES and Suppliers:
- Lead the partnership relations with key SI vendors, targeting a long-term supply of reliable high quality insights and concrete recommendations for future business growth.
- Liaise openly and constantly with Research Institute partners, to update them on JTI SI plans, current business status and key SI requirements.
- Actively seek for data/info supply performance improvements, as well as for finding new/different suppliers or source of information.
HIGH QUALITY PLANNING and PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS:
- Show high quality project management skills in running key researches/data gathering (i.e. JTI Tracker and Retail Audit) and ad hoc research linked to high levels of technical mastery.
- Ensure market compliance with requests from SI HQ on methodology and inter-regional projects.
- Ensure research is run on time and quality reports are delivered and craft the results.
- Keep extensive monitoring of strategic moves and field activities performed by key competitors.
- Promptly share and report with JTI stakeholders all key competitive intelligence facts, highlighting their strategic insights as well as their potential impact on current and future business.
BUDGET ALLOCATION and MONITORING:
- Secure an effective and efficient budget allocation to the owned Strategic Insights budget, monitoring investment compliance (both on terms of activity and timing) to the Annual Plan
- Securing effective investment control. When required support the investment approval process (BAP’s and Memo’s) as well as the raise of proper Purchase Requisitions.
Education : High standard of University degree (required)
Work Experience :
- 3-4 years’ experience in Strategic Insights functions (Research Institutes and/or SI department in FMGC companies).
- Experience in Consumer or Trade Marketing is a plus.
Language Skills : Fluent in English (Both spoken and written)
Function Skills :
- Strong MS Office skills (Excel and database knowledge)
- Presentation skill