System Operations Engineer – Male or Female – 2 Posts
• Relevant experience as a systems administrator in a
systems operations role
• Ability to work with virtualization technology
• Experience in monitoring and auditing systems
• Knowledge of networking concepts (e.g., DNS, TCP/IP, and firewalls)
• Ability to translate architectural requirements
• Ability to deploy, manage, and operate scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant systems
• Knowhow to implement and control the flow of data, to and from a service provider
• Capability to select the appropriate services based on compute, data, or security requirements
• Abiity to estimate usage costs and identify operational cost control mechanisms
• Capability to migrate on-premises workload to service providers
• Managing and monitoring all installed systems and
• Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools.
• Ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
• Anticipates operational problems by studying operating targets, modes of operation, unit limitations; monitoring unit performance.
• Improves operational quality results by studying, evaluating, and recommending process re-design; implementing changes; contributing information and opinion to unit design and modification teams.
• Provides operational management information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating and engineering data and trends.
These individuals are system administrators who take over once the application is designed and developed. They are responsible for managing and monitoring most of the activities that follow the process of development. They should possess the following skills: