1. JOB SUMMARY
Reporting to Jetty and Tank Farm Supervisor and under the supervision of Tank Farm Senior Technician, the Tank Farm Technician II will carry out all operations in the tank farm, including dipping of shore tanks, operating the TPI, lining up of system and operations and monitoring of pump operations.
2. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
TASKS TO BE CONDUCTED
· Responsible for the timely completion of all Tank Farm activities, including the lining up of pipelines and systems, dipping of tanks, routine checking and monitoring of related equipment, and other related tasks as assigned.
· Follow the operation procedure to deliver safe, reliable operations and comply with company regulations.
· Co-ordinate with CCR to ensure all the clients’ requirements and instructions are carried out according to terminal operating procedures and parameters.
· Ensure proper dipping of shore tank is conducted to measure correct product level and temperature inside the tanks.
· Responsible for operating the terminal slop system, including the Corrugated Plate Interceptor (CPI).
· Checking of running pumps for abnormal sound and leaks.
· Timely reporting of any malfunction of equipment and proper housekeeping of responsible area.
· Co-ordinate the commissioning and decommissioning of the terminal facilities.
· Execute the operating instructions by the Improvement Supervisor or Senior Operations Supervisor.
· Co-ordinate with Jetty and Tank Farm Supervisor for troubleshooting.
· Assist in investigations as and when required.
· To perform housekeeping and ensure the work area is neat and clean at all times.
· Ensure operational records are documented and correctly filled in.
· Be part of the terminal Emergency response team and safeguarding the Terminal assets and coordinating fire and safety-operations during emergencies.
· Achieve Key Performance Index set out by the management.
· Reportable health and safety incidents
· Task completion accurately and timely
· No. of near miss reporting
· Positive feedback from fellow employees for the successful completion of tasks
3. COMPETENCY AND EXPERIENCE
· Experience in tank farm operations, including checking and lining up of system, dipping or ullaging of shore tanks.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills.
· Work collaboratively with fellow employees and others to achieve identified goals and objectives.
· Positive attitude and self-motivated
· Knowledge of custody transfer weights, measures and associated devices such as liquid flow meters, tank calibration, and other related volume measurement, etc.
· Experience with product transfer jobs in fuel terminal, oil refinery, chemical process plant, and/or have completed an industrial apprenticeship, or certification.
4. EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATES
· Technical certificate or High School.
· At least 1 years' capacity as a Tank Farm Technician II (or equivalent) in the Oil Terminal Industry or 2 years’ experience as Tank Farm technician I.