Description of the vacant position;
In Naga region,MAM provide health services to people living in remote villages through 215 VHWs and medical mobile clinics led by Team Leaders (Medical Doctor/Helath Assistant).Health program includes malaria, TB, Maternal and Reproductive health services, Child health services and Nutrition.The Team Leader is responsible for day-to-day project implementation of project activities, monitoring and supervision to the trained volunteers in close coordination with existing teams of Malaria and TB program for a successful integration of activities.
Key Objectives and Responsibilities in general; Operational management:
• Responsible in quality program implementation in accordance with project strategic action plans and in close coordination with MAM’s existing malaria and TB program’ teams for a successful integration of activities
• Regularly monitor the targets vs achievements and request help from supervisors if needed and take action
• To actively lead volunteer recruitments from project villages as per government volunteer recruitment guideline and discussion with village authorities
• Conduct volunteers training and supervise for quality assurance
•To develop monthly project work plan and conduct monitoring and supervision activities (On job training to the volunteers, data checking & collection, stocks supply, mobile clinics, follow up visits to patients, etc.) on a monthly basis
• To conduct community meetings, health education sessions and collect feedbacks from community
• To ensure consistent stock supply/IEC job aid materials at the volunteer level • Advocacy and representation of MAM at the village level •
To have strong relationship and regular coordination with BHS from respective RHC/SC
• To inform to supervisors if any un-usual situation/conflict/outbreak at the assigned villages
• To ensure systematic data collection along the project implementation, including specific donor reporting, and identify any shortcoming along the project cycle
• To prepare the monthly project reports in a defined time frame
• To monitor project activities including drugs and commodity management (ensure consistent stock supply/IEC job aid materials at the volunteer level)
• To manage referral payments to be in line with referral guideline
• To notify Project Medical Coordinators when issues arise, and take corrective actions as needed
• To perform any other tasks as required or as assigned by supervisor Human resources management:
• To assist in recruitment of necessary manpower
• To supervise, train and coach the Deputy Team Leader/Field Assistant
• To perform briefings, performance discussions and debriefings of his/her field team
• To perform capacity building and training sessions for field staff Financial and logistical and data management:
• To ensure all project activities and spending complies with MAM’s policies and procedures as well as donors’ requirements
• To make sure data collection are done in defined time frame and data quality checking at the volunteer level
• To cooperate with data team for data accuracy issues MAM Requirements To be successful in this role you must have:
Education : Medical doctor degree (with SAMA)
Experience : Fresh MD graduate candidates are encouraged to apply (having previous working experience in Maternal and Reproductive health services, Child health services and Nutrition is an advantage).
Language : Good in English.
Specifications : Willing to travel in remote areas under difficult circumstances Able to advocate and negotiate with government bodies and other stakeholders. Firm, flexible, open and decisive Hard working, accept flexible working hours and able to work independently.