Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide overall leadership and management which are including project formulation and
implementation to monitoring and evaluation. Ensuring that the project is carried out in
accordance with project documents, Cooperation Agreement between MRCS and partners,
as well as MRCS policies, strategies and procedures, and donor requirements.
2. Ensure systematic collection of relevant data for monitoring and evaluation of progress, its
outputs and impact.
3. Undertake regular field visits in order to monitor and assess the progress of implementation.
Compare plans with achievements, evaluate success of work and develop necessary
adjustments, recommendations and follow up activities of implementing activities.
4. All others complementary tasks which will be defined by the Director and Deputy Director
of Organizational Development Department.
5. Attend and contribute to face to face biannual and annual report meetings with the donors
and country representative.
6. Lateral Relations and teamwork with respective State/ Regions Red Cross Supervisory
Committee and Township Red Cross Branches.
7. Ensure understanding of roles, responsibilities, relationships with volunteers,
accountabilities and teamwork.
8. Responsible for annual and quarterly budget preparation, budget validation, and detail
break down of budget.
9. Regular monitoring of budget and expenditure utilization and variance.
10. Ensure that project funds are spent according to the project objectives, MRCS/GRC financial
management guidelines and donor requirements.
11. Coordinate with the MRCS HQ Senior Finance Officer and Finance Manager from GRC
Myanmar Country Office (if necessary) on timely and accurate submission of financial
reports and transfers’ requests to GRC in accordance with the Cooperation Agreements.
Staff Management, Participation and Supervision
12. Lead, guide and supervise the work of the project staff including township levels.
13. Organise work responsibilities to ensure individual staff’s clear and unambiguous
understanding of their obligations, role and contribution to achieve the project objectives
14. Convene regular working meeting with the program and project staff, analyse the training
needs of staff and build capacities of staff in project management, report writing and other
relevant areas as feasible.
15. Support sharing of knowledge and information among staff involved in the project to create
an enabling environment for capacity building among staff.
Skills, Competencies and Requirements
• University degree graduated
• Post graduated degree in Social Sciences/ Development Studies are preferred
• Minimum 3 years work experience in project/programme management with proven
competences in planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting and in budget
• Experience in the application, implementation and reporting of international donors
funded programmes are preferable.
• Demonstrated skill in analytical and strategic thinking. Experience in facilitation of
trainings and workshops
• Strong skills in written and oral English. Must have good communication skill including
interpersonal skill, planning, monitoring, supervising, reporting and self-management
• Effective Computer Skill (MS Office Packages).
• Experience of working for the Red Cross/Red Crescent is preferred
• Excellent command of English and Myanmar especially in translating, including written,
spoken and typing