1. JOB SUMMARY
Under the supervision of Maintenance Leader, the Rockwell TMS Engineer has the overall responsibility for the system performance, integration, configuration, diagnosis, security and the system and infrastructure availability of Rockwell Terminal Automation System (TAS) for the daily operation at the terminal.
2. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
TASKS TO BE CONDUCTED
· Responsible for the installation, configuration, testing and maintenance of the entire terminal automation system, its application software and system management tools.
· Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
· Performs TAS system maintenance, including backup, disaster recovery, and obsolescence activities, and ensure automation systems remain in a validated state.
· Monitor and check for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solution and work with developers/vendors to implement fixes.
· Recommend system security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
· Provide leadership to the planning and installation of improvement projects to TAS and ensure its completion within prescribed timeframes and budgets.
· Identify and recommend ways to reduce system costs without compromising on safety or quality.
· Leverage industry best practices in IT Management to achieve optimal operation and customer satisfaction.
· Co-ordinate and support the commissioning and decommissioning of the terminal facilities.
· Recommend and ensure sufficient spares are kept and service conditions agreed with vendors/developers according to the criticality of TAS and expected failure of parts.
· Be part of the terminal Emergency response team and safeguarding the Terminal assets and coordinating fire and safety-operations during emergencies.
· Achieve Key Performance Index set out by the management.
· Reportable health and safety incidents
· System availability improvement
· No. of Improvement projects on higher system availability or reduced cost
· Positive feedback from fellow employees for the successful completion of tasks
3. COMPETENCY AND EXPERIENCE
· Experience in Rockwell System HMI and TAS system, including troubleshooting and modification of both software.
· Knowledge of plant control and data acquisition systems is essential
· Must have strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple assignments, be versatile and able to handle multiple priorities to completion within specific timeframes.
· Ability to communicate effectively in the English language and write routine reports and correspondence.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Work collaboratively with fellow employees and others to achieve identified goals and objectives.
· Positive attitude and self-motivated
· Able to analyse problems systematically, organize, and identify underlying causes and generate solutions
· Strong written and oral communication skills to liaise with diverse teams and manage IT projects
· Independent judgement
· Experience with instrumentation or process automation in an oil refinery, chemical process plant, electric utility or electrical distribution equipment and/or have completed an industrial electrician apprenticeship, certification, or associate degree program.
· Experience in preventive and repair maintenance for the tank farm, jetty, office and truck loading bay.
4. EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATES
· Engineering Diploma or Technical certificate.
· At least 5 years of experience in Automation including 2 years in Rockwell writing both TAS and HMI system.