Job Description for Transmission NOC:
Job Type/no of positions: Full Time
- Academic Qualification: Graduate Degree in Engineering (Electronics & Telecommunications) or equivalent
- Experience: 2-4 years’ experience Transmission operations
- The candidate should have knowledge within Telecom Network Operations and Maintenance to allow them to apply their knowledge efficiently and work productively with broad instruction. Operational role which is responsible for delivering results that have direct impact on the achievement of results within Telecom Network Operations and Maintenance. The candidate should have sound understanding of technologies like OTN, DWDM, SDH, Ethernet and should have experience of working on network operations center on NMS, EMS and standalone systems. The person should have skills on alarm monitoring, diagnosing the fault and giving instruction to field engineers to isolate and fix the faults. The person should be process oriented and quality conscious for the activities under him
- The candidate should have good communications skills and should be fluent in speaking English other than local language.
- The person should be a team player and should works under direct supervision and follows defined procedures/processes sat by organization. Able to identify problems and provide inputs to improve, change or adapt existing methods and techniques drawing from personal experiences and feedback. Actively acquires more complex skills, techniques, operating practices, knowledge of abstract concepts to progress toward full proficiency in the field of specialization. Has skills and knowledge that will allow them to adapt to effectively deal with
unfamiliar issues, challenges, problems within their field of specialization.
Specific jobs to be performed
- Planning/support and implementation for up gradation activities like ring splitting, traffic migration and media migration
- Service delivery and assurance as per business requirements
- Implementation of various digital circuits with data rates from frac-T1/E1 to 100G.
- Major Event management and Planned event execution
- Testing of the network and new customer deliveries