1. JOB PURPOSE
Under the supervision of TLB Supervisor, the TLB Senior Technician as part of the truck loading team is primarily responsible for the loading of tank trucks via receiving the truck, checking for the proper nomination, making connection and disconnection of the top and/or bottom loading arms and operating the RFID device and batch controller. From time to time, TLB Senior Technician will be assigned to the sealing bay to perform sealing and weighing operations.
2. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
TASKS TO BE CONDUCTED
· Responsible for the physical loading of trucks and other related as assigned in a safe and efficient manner.
· Carry out works as per operation procedure to deliver safe, reliable operations and comply with company regulations.
· Co-ordinate with ticketing staff to ensure all the clients’ requirements and instructions are carried out according to terminal operating procedures and parameters.
· Timely reporting of any malfunction of equipment and proper housekeeping of responsible area.
· To check FAN slip, batch controller and truck tank correctness before start loading.
· Make connection and disconnection of top and/or bottom loading arm.
· Operate the batch controller for loading operations.
· From time to time, to be stationed at the sealing bay to seal loaded trucks.
· Train and guide truck loading bay technicians.
· Co-ordinate with TLB Supervisor for truck loading bay troubleshooting.
· Assist in the commissioning and decommissioning of the terminal facilities.
· Perform housekeeping and ensure the work area is neat and clean at all times.
· Execute the operating instructions by the Improvement Supervisor or Senior Operations Supervisor.
· Report to and seek advice from the TLB Supervisor on any operational issues.
· Assist in investigations as and when required.
· Ensure operational records are documented and correctly filled in and filed.
· Be part of the terminal Emergency response team and safeguarding the Terminal assets and coordinating fire and safety-operations during emergencies.
· Achieve Key Performance Index set out by the management.
3. COMPETENCY AND EXPERIENCE
· Experience in truck loading bay operations with top and bottom loading arms and use of the batch controller.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Work collaboratively with fellow employees and others to achieve identified goals and objectives.
· Positive attitude and self-motivated
· Able to analyse problems systematically, organize, and identify underlying causes and generate solutions.
· Independent judgement
· Knowledge of custody transfer weights, measures and associated devices such as liquid flow meters, tank calibration, and other related volume measurement, etc.
· Experience with product transfer jobs in fuel terminal, oil refinery, chemical process plant, and/or have completed an industrial apprenticeship, or certification.
4. EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATES
· Bachelor or diploma or vocational certificates related petroleum or mechanical engineering
· At least 2 years' capacity as a TLB Senior Technician (or equivalent) in the Oil Terminal Industry or 5 years’ experience as a TLB technician