Under the supervision of the Senior Operation Supervisor, the TLB Supervisor has the overall responsibility for the safe and efficient operations at truck loading bays, sealing station and weighbridge via leading and directing the truck loading team. This includes the verification of FAN slips before loading, checking of truck conditions and tank compartment heels meeting terminal safety requirements and all terminal procedures are strictly followed by his team.
2. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
TASKS TO BE CONDUCTED
· Responsible for supervising all activities at the truck loading bay, sealing station and weighbridge are carried out in a safe and efficient manner and fully compliant with terminal regulations and safety codes.
· Coordinate with the Logistics department to ensure all the clients’ requirements and instructions are carried out according to terminal operating procedures and parameters.
· Timely reporting of any malfunction of equipment and proper housekeeping of responsible area.
· Co-ordinate with CCR for truck loading bay troubleshooting.
· Co-ordinate the commissioning and decommissioning of the terminal facilities.
· Execute the operating instructions by the Improvement Supervisor or Senior Operations Supervisor.
· To take over any roles in the TLB as and when necessary.
· Take necessary and appropriate actions to resolve operational issues.
· To carry out investigations and inform the relevant department heads on high discrepancies for all loading operations.
· Ensure operational records are documented and correctly filled in and filed by TLB Team.
· Plan and work out manpower roster and arrange a replacement as needed.
· Develop and train all truck loading personnel by positively reinforcing performance and giving encouraging coaching as needed to promote safety and work proficiency.
· Provide performance feedback and appraisal for the team.
· Be part of the terminal Emergency response team and safeguarding the Terminal assets and coordinating fire and safety-operations during emergencies.
· Achieve Key Performance Index set out by the management.
· Carry out the yearly annual appraisal of subordinates.
3. COMPETENCY AND EXPERIENCE
· Experience in truck loading bay operations with top and bottom loading arms and use of the batch controller.
· Knowledge of custody transfer weights, measures and associated devices such as liquid flow meters, tank calibration, and other related volume measurement, etc.
· Must have strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple assignments, be versatile and able to handle multiple priorities and deliver to tight deadlines under pressure.
· Able to communicate effectively in English.
· Knowledge of applicable codes, regulations and standards, such as OSHA and process safety related.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to effectively delegate work to accomplish assignments.
· Work collaboratively with fellow employees and others to achieve identified goals and objectives.
· Positive attitude and self-motivated
· Independent judgement
· Able to analyse problems systematically, organize, and identify underlying causes and generate solutions.
4. EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATES
· Engineering Bachelor
· At least 5 years' capacity as a TLB Supervisor (or equivalent) in the Oil Terminal Industry or 7 years’ experience as TLB Assistant Supervisor.