out and lead activities in planning, design, development, and implementation of
electric utility related projects in developing countries, focused on power generation, transmission, or distribution.
· Carry out and lead the development of resource assessments, utility management and operation due-diligence, utility performance assessment, feasibility studies, technology. evaluations, market assessments, policy evaluations, and economic analyses in electricity sector.
· Direct the development of capacity building efforts through training and workshops.
· Document and report on project activities, prepare position papers and technical review documents to assist in sharing project successes and lessons learned.
· Interact directly with clients; work independently on complex assignment projects; and lead projects and teams.
· Identify new clients and business opportunities, prepare proposals, take a lead role in project implementation, and manage client relationships.
· Provide support in sales, marketing, and business development.
· Prepare thought leadership papers, project results, and other papers, and possibly participate in conferences.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
· Minimum of 7 years of work experience in the electricity sector, especially in utility management positions, operation, and maintenance.
· Bachelor of Science degree in Power Systems or Electrical Engineering (curriculum covering power systems operations, planning and reliability, power generationand transmission, and distribution engineering).
· Experience in the implementation of power generation, transmission, or distribution technologies.
· Experience in implementing improvements in utility operations, including electricity loss reduction strategies, outages reduction, network quality improvements, etc.
· Understanding of power systems analysis and modeling.
· Knowledge of electricity markets and their operation.
· Knowledge of electricity regulatory environments.
· Experience in leading or managing projects.
· Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems, including the ability to identify opportunities to improve systems and processes.
· Demonstrated ability to appropriately prepare feasibility studies and reports, including annual work plans, annual reports, technical reports, budgets, and reports on indicators.
· Experience working with a diverse set of clients (e.g., public, private).
· Experience preparing reports and technical studies for clients.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
· Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
· Advanced degree in Power System Engineering.
· Experience in grid integration of renewable energy generation.
· Experience in Power System Stability and Control and Energy /Management Systems.
· Experience in developing technical documents, e.g., transmission grid code including grid access policies, standard connection agreement, technical standards for substations, and commissioning protocol for renewable energy projects.