Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assessment of water treatment and supply equipment (electromechanical elements and engagement of users and operators of equipment)
2. Setting water treatment units including training and support to volunteers
3. Develop SOPs for operation and maintenance for water purification related machines and systems
4. To promote community participation and ownership through liaising training and supporting water user committees and ensuring that activities are as transparent as possible.
5. To suggest and lead implementation of innovative and creative ideas for new activities (when appropriate) in consultation with WASH Engineer, local communities, and local authorities.
6. Support volunteers in community mobilization and implementation of activities.
7. To monitor implementation and ensure WASH activities are implemented according to recognised standards and in a participatory and inclusive manner
8. Reporting, documentation and sharing information to ensure continuous in the programme
9. To conduct implementation of Water, sanitation and Hygiene promotion ensuring the quality and effectiveness, to complete in a timely manner.
10. Develop and follow approved detailed implementation plans
11. To prepare and submit a weekly activity report to the WASH Engineer.
12. To train, supervise and monitor RCVs throughout the programme for WASH facilities
Skills, Competencies and Requirements
• Must be graduated with Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical)/ B. Tech (Mechanical)/ AGTI (Mechanical) or other relevant Degree holder
• Minimum 2 years of experiences in operation of water purification machine at the field level
• Minimum 1-year experience working with water supply equipment and/or similar systems
• Experience and knowledge on PHAST and CLTS
• Facilitation experience for trainings
• Strong knowledge on water treatment with different chemical products for water purification
• WASH Emergency Response Team skill
• Well-developed computer skills, with demonstrated competence in Excel, Word and Power point (English and Myanmar)
• Strong skill in numerical recording, data maintenance
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Well organized, efficient, with excellent attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to manage and priorities multiple tasks, take initiative and problem solve
• Able to work well in a team and live in stressful situations
• Ability to travel anywhere at short notice
• Ability to operate motorbike safely and must have driving license
• Fluent in Myanmar and English language
• Local language is preferred