The purpose of this post is support the Financial Controller in ensuring that the Microfinance program adheres to all its accounting and financial management obligations. Under the direction of the Financial Controller, the accountant will be responsible for every matters and reports relating to financial of the branches. This position is specifically responsible for financial matters and will be the main point person for auditors and stakeholders so as to be compliant with financial requirements and reports.
Reporting and Recording
· Maintain all original entry documents (vouchers, etc.).
· Maintaining and updating all accounting– Journals and Ledgers.
· Producing on time monthly and yearly financial reports – Trial Balances, Income Statements, Balance Sheets and cash flow Statement for branches.
· Producing the related reports for FRD and government authorities.
· Comparing and Analyzing the budget and actual income and expenditure.
· Reviewing and analyzing the financial position of branches.
· Verifying the reconciliation balances between Accounting software and Kredits Software.
Managing and Monitoring
· Managing and supporting the branch finance staffs for financial matters.
· Training finance assistants and staffs for technical matters of finance.
· Monitoring and supporting the branches to ensure the following of financial policies and procedures.
· Monitoring expenditures of branch offices to make sure that accounting policies and financial management principles are followed and operations costs are minimized.
· Assisting for financial Department in the establishment of new branch offices.
· Assisting Financial Controller to set up the required financial policies and procedures and financial matters.
· Assist HR in the recruitment of relevant staff.
· Assist internal and external auditor in the conduct of their duties.
· Travel to project areas including outside Yangon for monitoring as needed.
ü Completion of university, preferably in finance and accounting or related field
ü At least one year working experience (two preferred) in microfinance and or banking required.
ü Minimum two year working experience in finance and accounting, preferably in internal control or auditing
ü Good communication and monitoring skills
ü Computer proficiency in word processing and spread sheets
ü Ability to work in English preferred
ü Able to travel to Dawn Branches