To assist in the accounting and finance of the Bank, to generate maximum revenue and profitability.
• Ensure Computer Accounting Module is running in proper order and highlight any problems encountered. Suggest enhancement where necessary.
• Work closely with IT Officer to carry out testing of the Computer Accounting Module fixes, when required.
• Ensure accounting entries from all modules are passed/posted accurately
• Deal with other sections of the Branch to counter-check on accounting entries from time to time
• Finalize Trial Balance, Balance Sheet and Income Statement daily
• Ensure all accounting reports are duly verified / authorized by Supervisors.
• Attend to reconciliation and preparation of the R/S within the time line given; attend to checking of long outstanding items and HO queries.
• Ensure all overheads bills/invoices are obtained, checked & authorized before payment. Bills/invoices are filed separately according to requirement.
• Prepare and ensure timely submission of all required financial reports / returns to Head Office, and other relevant regulatory authorities.
• Ensure Computer Accounting Module GL Module is running in proper order and highlight any problems encountered. Suggest enhancement where necessary.
• Ensure proper management & recording of Branch assets and depreciation policy.
• Schedule tax payments, assist in preparation, compiling, and reconciliation of all tax matters.
• Assist in budgetary control and monthly performance reporting.
• Work with external auditors and assist in preparing schedule for the audit.
• Check and analyze the financial information and ensure all expenses being paid or accrued for the period on month end closing.
• All other duties as assigned from time to time.
Candidate must have University Degree in either B.com or BA(Eco), LCCI Level III or ACCA Part2.
Candidate must have 2 to 3 year experience related field.