To be responsible and accountable for the day-to-day operation related to a defined accounting area.
To provide financial support function to the project team, field offices and response activities.
Administrative Activities, General administrative and government liaison:
• Assist Government Liaison Coordinator for preparation of monthly report for Counterpart Government Ministries and the report will be sent to Yangon Admin team.
• Maintain and update manuals, files and office records.
• Provide monthly report to Sr. Finance and Admin Officer and Operation Field Coordinator.
• Ensure appropriate care and maintenance of office equipment, furniture.
• Maintain and update accommodation rent contract for all relocated and international staffs
• Ensure accommodation rent contract are done in accordance with Oxfam standard (eg stamp duty, Form C)
• Ensure accommodation rent payment process are done in line with Oxfam policy
• Ensure all the payments of government bill (electricity, telephone and internet, etc.) are done in timely manner.
• Liaison with relevant Oxfam offices, government offices and service providers for the timely arrangement of necessary permits, travel documentation for local and international travels
• In coordination with Oxfam different departments, organize necessary logistics for meetings such as invitation, confirmations, venue etc
• Ensure and maintain to have Healthy working environment in Sittwe Office as minimum Oxfam’s health and safety standard
• Induction all joiners on health & safety standard together with HR Officer
• Organise arrangements for office activities/events such as meetings and training workshops.
• Manage incoming/outgoing correspondences (letters, documents, faxes, and courier) and other materials including registering, quick distribution and filing those records.
• Ensure to maintain and update the office diary, notice boards, staff contact list, INGOs & LNGO contact list from time to time.
• Communicate team activities, visitors’ information and other relevant information to respective stakeholders.
• Manage and coordinate his/her line staffs (Cleaners/Cook) by weekly or monthly Meeting.as required
• Monitoring the performance of his/her line staffs (Cleaners/Cook) by checking cleaning and their duty roaster.
• Provide supporting in time Guest House Maintenance by checking and coordinating staffs who stays in Guest House
• Organize quickly respond on requesting required activities from staffs.
• Filling in time required materials provided from Oxfam in both Office and All Guest Houses
• Distributing in time monthly Mobile Cards to all staffs
• Provide support by undertaking any other additional functions and responsibility as delegated by Sr. Finance and Admin Officer or Operation Field Coordinator.
• Ensure necessary administrative support is provided to ensure the smooth running of the office and guest house any action needed is taken in timely manner.
• Handle other ad hoc administrative issues and solve quickly.
• Perform other functions as may be reasonably required
• Maintain all administrative things are in line with Oxfam’s standard policy and procedures
• Organize travel arrangement (flight, hotel booking, travel insurance) for team and visitors and ensure to support in efficient manner (i.e.; timely confirmation, ticket availability and cost effective)
• In coordination with Oxfam different departments, suppliers, organize necessary logistics for making Service contract with travel agents and hotels by yearly and as necessary
• Maintain and update manuals, files and office records (service contract with hotel and travel agent, flight carbon emission, flight purchasing record, payment record, staff movement)
Financial administration activities:
• Petty cash administration including making/receiving payments and ensuring supporting documents are in place (quotes, payment vouchers, invoices, receipts etc.).
• Prepare payment request for the expenditure.
• Prepare payment request in time for the expenditure which related with Travel arrangement (flight, visa fees, bus ticket, hotels, etc.,) in accordance with Oxfam expense policy
• Coordinate with Finance Team in outside supplier payment and Camp field trip
• Purchase office supplies, stationery stocks and maintain proper records.
• Assist in servicing and maintaining of office equipment.
• Coordinate with Logistic team in regular inventory checks.
• Line-manage Cleaners/ Cook in accordance with Oxfam’s Oxfam HR policies, demonstrating high standards of accountability and transparency.
• Manage the performance of Cleaners / Cook through objective setting, regular performance review, managing feedbacks and regular monitor performance development plans
• Ensure attendance management are in line with Oxfam HR policies
• Create and maintain a safe working environment and ensuing policies, systems, and individual and team work practices constantly reflect Oxfam’s values, way of working and ethics.
• Eager and required to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and values (click here) as well as the promotion of gender justice and women's rights (click here).
• Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles.
What we are looking for: Skill and Competence:
• Bachelor’s degree holder with two years proven experience on Administrative skills
• Ability to implement Oxfam's policy and procedures
• Ability to use judgement on routine functions, and work with minimal supervision
• Ability to priorities own workload, to work independently and to work to meet deadlines.
• Diplomacy, negotiation and good interpersonal skills, together with the capacity to remain calm under pressure and not lose sight of priorities.
• Ability to manage multiple requests and to liaise with different teams/ activities.
• Proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations and able to work in a multi culture environment.
• Well-developed coordination skills within and across the team
• Knowledge and experience of using of MS Word, Excel, Email and Internet
• Work flexible working hours as required.
• Good communication skills particularly in Myanmar language.
• Good spoken and written English will be an asset.
• Committed to equal opportunities (e.g. gender, race, disability).
• Understanding of and commitment to humanitarian work.
• High level of initiative.
• Coaches junior and peer staff.
• Keeps up-to-date with internal or external activities that may influence role.
• Anticipates outcomes of activities and uses initiative to keep these activities on course.