- · Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- · Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- · Assist customers by providing information and resolving their complaints.
- · Greet customers entering establishments.
- · Answer customers' questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
- · Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales.
- · Monitor checkout stations to ensure that they have adequate cash available and that they are staffed appropriately.
- · Assist with duties in other areas of the store, such as monitoring fitting rooms or bagging and carrying out customers' items.
- · Sort, count, and wrap currency and coins.
- · Compute and record totals of transactions.
- · Compile and maintain non-monetary reports and records.
- · Keep periodic balance sheets of amounts and numbers of transactions.
- · Cash checks for customer, pay company bills by cash, vouchers, or checks.