Responsibilities and Duties
- Work closely with business units to identify and analyze business issues/problems, scope, stakeholders, budget, etc.
- Gather and define business requirements, engage in business process improvement, mapping processes, translating business requirements into functional requirements.
- Convey and clarify requirements with 3rd party vendors, review their solution proposal to ensure business/functional requirements are met and addressed.
- Review cost-benefit analysis, define and measure key Performance indicators with the end-users where required, and provide alternative and more cost-effective solutions where possible and required.
- Lead and participate in design specifications and prototype workshops, and coordinate the user acceptance test, user training, user change management, pre-implementation preparation and post-implementation support activities. Managing risks and issues as and when required.
- Prepare and define a request for proposal, requests for quotation or request for information specifications, evaluate the proposals and to seek approval for the award from Management. Thereafter to work with the vendor to discuss and finalize contracts.
- Ensure IT Projects are delivered within approved schedule and budget, adhering to IT Project Management framework, properly handed over to the support team.
- Contribute with end-users and ensuring that the delivered system meets all business’ needs.
- Engage in annual IT plan/master plan exercise to identify, collate, review and prioritize projects with the business units for the financial year. Prepare and report on past FY IT project statuses/statistics.
- Assist with business units’ IT request and queries, coordinating with other internal support teams where required.
- Work in a team to act as the single point of contact for respective business units on all IT, Technology and related matters, liaising, and coordinating with other supporting teams where required.
- Manage stakeholders, ensuring timely and accurate communication to address their issues, queries, requests and to keep them updated on related IT matters (projects, support activities, etc.)
- Monitor IT infrastructure, network, and security
- Support functions as an IT helpdesk
- Implement new technologies and network security
- Ensure full compliance with company IT policies and procedures
- Develop both internal and external stakeholder’s relationship
Qualifications and Experience
- At least a Degree / Diploma in information Technology or equivalent
- Awarded or obtained certification in one or more of these disciplines: CCNA, MCSA
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, good attention to detail – a core capability
- 5 years of working experience in the IT field: Server System Administration, Database Administration, Management Information System and IT Security, etc.
- Thorough understanding of IT infrastructure, planning and development
- Ability to speak and write in English