· Overall responsibility for the kitchen’s daily operations.
· Liaising with the relevant companies for supplies & food orders.
· Creating new dishes and menus.
· Interviewing and hiring new staff.
· Maintaining/raising the food’s profit margins.
· Monitoring and controlling stock levels.
· Ensuring correct stock rotation procedures are followed.
· Implementation of health and safety procedures in the kitchen.
· Estimating costs and ensuring all purchases come within budget.
· Taking care of the kitchen’s accounts and creating a work roster.
· Proven 5 years work experience as a Chef or Cook.
· Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment.
· Advanced knowledge of culinary, baking and pastry techniques
· Leadership skills.
· Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks.
· Excellent time management abilities.
· Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes.
· Familiarity with sanitation regulations.
· Culinary school diploma preferred.