- Work with the business units to create projects that have strong value propositions that are consistent with business strategy
- Managing and monitoring the R&D portfolio project budgets and forecasts Managing and monitoring project risk
- Mentoring, coaching and developing project leaders to be able to holistically lead and deliver R&D projects
- Determines the goals of the company or organization devises plans for each phase of the project identifies and procures the resources needed recruits engineering staff performs quality control checks.
- Ensuring the safety and effectiveness or reliability of the system or product evaluates the costs within a specific time frame.
- Supervises the installation of the equipment or the manufacturing process of a product negotiates with team members to generate ideas and clarify specifications delegates tasks as necessary to engineering team resolves disputes between team members
- Contribute to R&D projects with own, creative ideas.
- Propose follow-up projects and activities within own technical area based on new ideas.
- As a solid R&D project member and contributor, with experience as project or sub-project leader, ensure alignment with assigned targets (time, cost, quality).
- Collaborate and manage activities with external entities (research institutes, testing labs, etc.) and suppliers
- Prepare presentations and technical reports
- Bachelor of Engineering degree .A master's degree in engineering is usually preferred.
- 3 to 5 years in similar position and 8 to 10 years in related fields.
- Have experience and expertise in research and develop methods and to be able to drive these processes through support of the project teams.
- Chief engineers play an integral role in the overall success of a project.
- The position entails a four year degree in an engineering specialty required by the company, a minimum of four years of experience in a supervisory role, preferably managing a team of ten or more engineers and an outstanding record of successful projects.
- They must also demonstrate a thorough knowledge of industry codes.
- Have a broad technical background with a willingness to learn across a broad range of engineering disciplines engine and have demonstrable deep understanding in one or more of those areas
- Be a commercially astute project leader with demonstrable track record of leading cross-functional teams to deliver cross-functional projects on time and to budget .
- Have excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experiences and track record in related field is essential.
- Must be willing to travel work extended hours , weekends and holiday