Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Construction Management Engineer will provide day to
day engineering supervision to the projects and provide quality and quantity control to all works. Following the
schedule of works, the Construction Management Engineer will be responsible on-site and supervise the
quality and progress of all works. S/he will provide daily updates to the Project Manager and will communicate
and coordinate with the UNOPS infrastructure team, contractors and with internal and external entities for
successful completion of the project.
S/he will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities;
-In coordination with the Project Manager, identify existing risks and technical problems and suggest appropriate solutions.
-Provide oversight of the implementation of works for the specific projects and monitoring of the progress of works according to contract schedules, specifications and project plans.
-Collect and document information on the contractor’s workforce , weather, progress of work and another related information.
-Undertake measurement of works in support of contractor payment requests.
-Ensure the strict implementation of quality control standards and procedures on the sites and report regularly to the supervisor.
-Prepare progress reports on construction activities and submission of such on a weekly basis to the project manager.
-Enforce and supervise the implementation of HSSE at the project sites.
-2020 UNOPS Jobs | Vacancy - Construction Management Engineer
Review the contractor’s work programmer, resource, schedule and project implementation plans and
ensure that the contractors/site supervisors comply with their work plans and complete the work within
the specified time frame.
-Ensure all works, undertaken by the contractor and/or his agent, are of good quality, as per specifications
and with approved quality materials.
- Assist in the identification, evaluation, selection and supervision of building contractors for specified project
- Assist in the preparation of tender documents and evaluation of tenders and the preparation and finalization of contracts for construction.
Files and Reports:
-Monitor and record appropriate field data to validate contractors’ compliance to cross-cutting issues (gender, environment, sustainability, health and safety on-site , etc.) as stipulated in the contract and detailed in the construction work program .
- Preparation of meeting agendas and minutes, project coordination meeting minutes and contractor meeting minutes in English and Myanmar for approval
- Responsible for formal document issues and registers such as drawings, bill of quantities, specifications, contractor instructions, engineering standards.
- Maintenance of the following project documentation as required including but not limited to payment register, variation register, site safety inspection register, site diary, instruction to contractor register, drawing register, visitor register, sample approval register, concrete test register, progress photos.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Monitoring and Progress Controls
- Works will be closely supervised by the Project Manager
- Report site work progress to the Project Manager on a daily basis
- Performance Appraisal
- A Bachelor's degree in infrastructure-related fields such as civil or construction engineering, architecture, and/or construction management or a similar eld is required.
- A Master’s Degree in an infrastructure-related field such as civil or construction engineering, architecture, and/or construction management or a similar field will be an asset.
-Minimum 2 years of working experience in engineering and construction supervision for buildings is required.
- Experience working with UN or other Humanitarian/Development agencies is an asset.
- Experience in a contracting and/or consulting environment is an advantage
- Fluency in English and Myanmar language is required.