- Design and deployment of IT solutions, networks and servers.
- Maintain availability, performance, and security of servers, including operating system and applications.
- Maintain network integrity and security.
- Provide technical support and guidance to users.
- Ensure all networks, servers and data are secure and recoverable.
- Test, develop and research new technologies in the areas of IT and specifically networks and systems.
- Specify, configure & install hardware required for networks and potentially other related IT systems.
- Represent the department and SORTA at internal and external meetings.
- Participate in local, state and national professional and industry organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in the relevant engineering field, Computer Science (Master of Engineering degree preferable)
- Microsoft, AWS, VMWARE, Cisco (highest certified certificate holder are more preferable)
- 3 to 5 years in similar position and 5 to 8 years configuring and supporting Cisco LAN/WAN network equipment.
- Experience as IT Engineer in design of local area network, wi-fi connection, integration of sensors to collect data on a single desk board.
- Experiences and proven track record in the related field is essential.
- Must be willing to travel work extended hours , weekends and holiday